- County Clerk
Important 2023 May Primary Information - Click here.
Residents may register to vote if they meet the following requirements:
- You must be a U. S citizen and a Kentucky resident for at least 28 days.
- You must be 18 years of age by the date of the next general election which is held on the first Tuesday following the first Monday in November.
- You are eligible to register and vote in the May primary election if you will be 18 before the general election, but not eligible to vote in Special Elections.
- You cannot be a convicted felon. If you have been convicted of a felony, you must have your civil rights restored before registering.
- You must not have been judged mentally incompetent in a court of law.
- You must not claim the right to vote outside the State of Kentucky.
If you meet the above requirements, you may register to vote by completing a voter registration card and submitting it to the County Clerk's Office. You may contact the Clerks' Office and have a card mailed to you or you can register online.
Each voter must designate a party affiliation in order to register to vote. Party designations accepted in Kentucky are: Democrat, Republican or Other. Since Kentucky conducts closed party primaries, you must be registered as a Democrat or Republican to vote in that party's primary election. If you are registered as "Other", you are eligible to vote for only nonpartisan offices (judicial, city commission, school board) in any primary election. You may vote for any candidate in all general elections.
Note: You may change your political party affiliation at any time after the May Primary but before December 31st to remain eligible to vote in the following primary election.
Other places where cards or forms are available are:
- Circuit Clerk's Office (Drivers Licensing) -When applying for or renewing a driver's license will generate cards or applications that update a voter's registration.
- Kentucky Transitional Assistance Program (KTAP ), Food Stamps, WIC, Medicaid recipients through these agencies.
- Armed Forces Recruitment Offices, if you are a prospective member of the armed forces.
- High School students may register at school.
- Federal mail-in registration form.
Voter registration or changes must be made no later than 28 days prior to each election.
After your registration is processed, you will receive a notification listing your address and the location of your polling place.
- 2020 State of Kentucky General Election Results (PDF)
- 2020 State of Kentucky General Election Results