Building permits are required for:
- One and Two-Family Dwellings
- Commercial Buildings
- Decks and Porches
- Multi-family Dwellings
- Attached and Detached Garages
- Residential Storage over 200 square feet
- In-ground Pools
- Change of Use (Commercial)
Manufactured homes are regulated by the Kentucky Department of Housing, Buildings, and Construction. Check with the building inspector about projects involving these homes.
Applicant/Agent must supply the following items to the building inspector's office upon request:
- Contractor's Occupational License (Contractor's information kept on file for all subsequent projects)
- Contractor's proof of liability insurance in the amount of not less than $350,000
- Proof of Worker's Compensation Insurance for the work crew
- Blueprints or detailed plan designs.
Contractor's licenses are issued by the Boyle county building inspector and are valid for 1 year, renewable annually.
The contractor's licenses are $50 and payable to Boyle County Fiscal Court. It is advisable all construction tradespeople acquire and keep their license current to save time and be able to work on permitted projects.
General contractors and or homeowners must complete the contractor/sub-contractor ID form when applying for a building permit. Please view the Identification of All Contractor and Sub-Contractors Form (PDF).
Payment can be made by check, cash or credit/debit card in person or by phone. Make checks payable to Boyle County Fiscal Court.
Mail Application and Check to:
Boyle County Building Inspector
445 West Main Street
P.O. Box 670
Danville, KY 40423
Contact numbers are:
- Danville-Boyle County Planning and Zoning Phone Number: 859-238-1235
- Kentucky Department of Housing, Buildings and Construction Phone Number: 502-573-0373
- BUD (Call Before U Dig) Phone Number: 800-752-6007
- Boyle County Health Department Phone Number: 859-236-2053
- Boyle County Contractor License (PDF)
- Boyle County Farm Exemption Affidavit (PDF)
- Building Permit Fee Schedule (PDF)
- Building Permit Guide A guide to the permit and construction process (PDF)
- Commercial Permit Application (PDF)
- Floating Boat Docks Ordinance Number 340.9 (PDF)
- Manufactured Home Permit Application (PDF)
- Range Hood Permit Application (PDF)
- Residential Permit Application (PDF)
- Sub Contractors Form (PDF)